Our Quality Guarantee
We guarantee to ship you top quality bulbs that are true to name and are healthy, firm and viable for planting. You will receive your flower bulbs at the proper time for fall planting in your area. Some flower bulb varieties (Amaryllis, Eremurus, Lilies and Herbaceous Peonies) are harvested later than others, so orders are occasionally split-shipped. Please notify us immediately (within ten days of delivery) should there by any problem with your shipment. We cannot be held responsible for losses due to: extreme weather conditions, improper storage conditions, delayed planting, improper site conditions, improper climate plantings, forcing, pre-chilling, planting in raised beds or for any costs other than the actual cost of the bulbs. In the event that a particular variety is not available for horticultural reasons, we will inform you and suggest alternate varieties for your consideration at the earliest possible time. We do not make automatic substitutions. We never substitute quality, name varieties or bulb size.
Pricing and Payment
- The minimum order per shipping address is $35.00, not including shipping charges or tax.
- Call us for special pricing if you need quantities of an individual variety in excess of published volume pricing.
- The prices listed are good through December 31, 2021. All prices are subject to change without prior notice.
- Orders will only be accepted in quantities stated or in multiples thereof.
- All orders must be fully paid prior to fall shipment. We accept American Express, Discover, VISA or MasterCard, debit cards, personal checks, money orders and bank checks. Credit and debit cards are charged at the time your order is prepared for fall shipment (we cannot ensure an exact transaction date). Checks returned for insufficient funds will incur a $20 charge. We do not have house accounts.
- Purchase orders may be submitted by federal, state or municipal entities, educational institutions, hospitals and select private, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations with Net 30 terms. Unpaid balances over 30 days are subject to a 1.5% monthly interest rate (18% annually).
- We will email an order confirmation and reserve your flower bulbs for shipment at the proper time for fall planting. Make sure that you have provided us with your correct email address, or ask us to mail you a USPS postcard confirming your order on the catalog order form or on the order checkout page at www.johnscheepers.com
- Flower bulbs are perishable products. Returns are not accepted unless authorized in advance by John Scheepers within three days of receipt of order. There is a 20% restocking fee for returned orders and for orders canceled after shipment. Shipping and handling charges are not refundable.
- If any pricing or descriptive errors have been made in the catalog, corrections will be posted ASAP at www.johnscheepers.com under the appropriate individual variety or section.
Shipping and Handling
Shipping and handling are calculated as a percentage of the total price of the items ordered. The minimum shipping and handling charge is $7.95. Please make sure that you are calculating the appropriate percentage calculations for the state to which the order will be shipped.
10% Shipping and Handling:
AL, CT, DC, DE, MA, MD, ME, MI, NC, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, SC, VA, VT and WV.
15% Shipping and Handling:
- AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MN, MO, MS, MT, ND, NE, NM, NV, OK, OR, SD, TN, TX, UT, WA, WI and WY.
- No orders are shipped outside of the contiguous, continental U.S.
- If your billing and physical shipping addresses are identical, small packages may ship via Priority Mail U.S. Postal Service. Otherwise, all shipments are made via UPS Ground.
- Orders are shipped from late September through late November according to horticultural zone, prevailing temperatures and availability from harvest. If you wish to specify the week of shipment, please let us know. Otherwise, we will ship your order in time for planting at the proper time in your area. We cannot guarantee shipment for a particular day.
- Check your order when you receive it. Please open your order immediately upon receipt and notify our Customer Service Department should there be a problem. Check your order carefully to make sure that you have received all items specified on the packing slip. Please inform us of any misshipped items within ten days so that we may correct your order.
UPS Order Tracking
To help you track your shipment of flower bulbs, please visit the UPS website by clicking here.
State Sales Tax
We are now legally mandated to collect state sales taxes based on delivery addresses within the following states: Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin. If your delivery address is in one of these states, please make sure to calculate the correct sales tax for your order (on subtotal of the flower bulbs plus shipping and handling).
Or, you must provide us with a valid state tax exempt or resale certificate at the time you place your order.
Terms of Sale
- Customer concerns regarding shipments should reach us within ten days of receipt of order.
- When you receive your order, open the exterior and interior cartons immediately. Inspect your shipment against your packing slip. Often, smaller bags are inserted inside the inner boxes of other varieties for protection during shipment. Inform us immediately (within 10 days) of any shipment errors.
- Inspect your bulbs carefully. Some bulbs may develop a natural blue-green mold when harvested and exposed to air. This "transportation" mold disappears once the bulbs are planted and is not harmful. Other varieties may develop surface moisture that is wicked back into the soil once planted. Small cuts or scars may be visible from machine harvest and do not affect performance. The bulb's outer skin may not be fully intact or attached. This does not affect performance.
- Prior to planting, store flower bulbs with good air circulation, low humidity and away from heat, frost and strong sunlight at a temperature of 50°F to 70°F. All outdoors bulbs must be planted before the winter to bloom reliably the following spring.
- Flower bulbs should be planted in neutral pH soil with appropriate sunlight and good water drainage after ground temperature has chilled to about 55°F, normally after a killing frost. Flower bulbs should be selected according to horticultural zone compatibility. In horticultural zones 8 through 10, flower bulbs should be chilled at 38°F to 45°F for ten to 12 weeks prior to planting.
- In the spring, new plantings may bloom up to two weeks later than mature, established plantings. Flower bulbs grow and bloom in response to soil and air temperature regardless of the calendar date. Listed bloom times are for horticultural zone 5 in "normal" spring conditions. During a heat spike, flowers may bloom short and small if the bud is set, but will continue growing while in bloom.
- For customer service with horticultural questions or with questions about your order, please call us Monday through Friday from 9:00 am through 5:00 pm ET (860) 567-0838. Or email us at Customerservice@johnscheepers.com
- While many of our photographs have been taken personally, we also license professional photographs for use on our website and in our catalog. None of our photographs may be duplicated without prior permission. Only those photographs that we have taken personally may be shared with our permission. We are not permitted to share professional photographs for which we are under strict contractural restrictions. Please contact us if you need photographs before duplicating them by emailing us: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for adhering to this policy.
Phone: (860) 567-0838
Fax: (860) 567-5323
Dec - Memorial Day
Monday through Friday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm EST
After Memorial Day
Monday through Friday: 8:30 am to 7:00 pm EST
Saturday or Sunday: 10:00 am to 3:00 pm EST
Or mail it to us!
John Scheepers Beauty from Bulbs
23 Tulip Drive
PO Box 638
Bantam, CT 06750-0638
For customer service, please call us from 9:00 am through 5:00 pm ET Monday through Friday (860) 567-0838. Or email us at Customerservice@johnscheepers.com
Privacy and Security Statement
We respect your privacy. We will not share any of your personal information without your prior consent. This applies to information we gather from your visits to our web site as well as through the ordering process or through your emails to us.
We use the latest 128-bit encryption technology in those areas of our site which require you to provide your personal or credit card information. This is done to protect you from unauthorized use of the information you send to our server. We encourage you to download and install the latest browser of your choice to make sure that you have the most current security features enabled.
All website design, illustrations, photography, text and graphics are the exclusive property of John Scheepers. and may not be reproduced or used for any purpose other than order placement without prior written permission from John Scheepers.